Notice Regarding 2021 CCR
The Town of Parkton’s mission and goal is to provide service that makes Parkton a better place for everyone. Devoted, driven, and motivated employees allow us to achieve that goal. If you are dedicated and determined to provide excellent customer service and are able to work both individually and in a team environment, the Town of Parkton might be the right employer for you.
You will see a link to our application. Please feel free to complete the application and drop it off at our office located at 28 W. David Parnell Street, Parkton, NC, email it to email@example.com or you can mail it to Town of Parkton, PO Box 55, Parkton, NC 28371.
If you have any questions regarding applying with the Town of Parkton you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call Town Hall at (910) 858-3360.
To obtain an application go to the Town of Parkton website at townofparkton.org, or you may go to Parkton Town Hall, 28 W. David Parnell Street, Parkton, NC. Provide the completed application by mail, fax, email, or hand delivery.
Via Mail: Attn: Human Resources, Town of Parkton, P.O. Box 55, Parkton, NC 28371
Via Fax: (910) 858-9808, Attn: Human Resource
Via Email: email@example.com
Via Hand Delivery: Parkton Town Hall, 28 W. David Parnell Street, Parkton, NC
The Town of Parkton currently has a POLICE OFFICER POSITION available and is seeking a dedicated and qualified individual to serve and protect our community. You will perform a variety of job duties, including patrolling the city to prevent crime and enforce city, state, and federal laws. When accidents or criminal activity occur, you will assist with the investigation and work with other agencies to collect evidence and other data. We expect all our officers to have a strong work ethic, integrity, good judgment under pressure, and a passion for protecting our citizens.
Police Officer Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to emergency calls and situations
- Gather evidence and investigate accidents, crimes, and violations of state/federal laws
- Enforce traffic laws, manage traffic accidents, and establish roadblocks and reroutes
- Appear in court to give testimony
- Serve warrants, make arrests, interview, and book individuals
- Patrol on foot, bike, or in police vehicle to protect individuals and property
- Prepare and maintain reports, records, and logs
Minimum Standards for Certification
Please note that the standards listed below are the Commission mandated minimum requirements for employment as a law enforcement officer. Individual agencies may require higher standards.
Every law enforcement officer employed by an agency in North Carolina shall:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 20 years of age
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Educational Development Test indicating high school equivalency
- Be of good moral character
- Have successfully completed Basic Law Enforcement Training and passed the BLET state exam.
- Satisfactorily complete the employing agency’s in-service firearms training program
- Not have committed or been convicted of:
- A felony; or
- A crime for which the punishment could have been imprisonment for more than two years; or
- A crime or unlawful act defined as a “Class B misdemeanor” within the five-year period prior to the date of application for employment; or
- Four or more crimes or unlawful acts defined as “Class B misdemeanors” regardless of the date of conviction; or
- Four or more crimes or unlawful acts defined as “Class A misdemeanors” except the applicant may be employed if the last conviction occurred more than two years prior to the date of application for employment.
- Have been fingerprinted and a search made of local, state, and national files to disclose any criminal record.
- Have been examined and certified by a licensed physician or surgeon to meet the physical requirements necessary to properly fulfill the officer’s particular responsibilities and shall have produced a negative result on a drug screen.
- Have been administered a psychological screening examination by a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist licensed to practice in North Carolina or by a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist authorized to practice in accordance with the rules and regulations of the United States Armed Forces within one year prior to employment by the employing agency to determine the officer’s mental and emotional suitability to properly fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Have been interviewed personally by the Department head or a representative to determine such things as the applicant’s appearance, demeanor, attitude, and ability to communicate.
- Notify the Standards Division of all criminal offenses which the officer is arrested for or charged with, pleads no contest to, pleads guilty to or is found guilty of. This shall include all criminal offenses except minor traffic offenses and shall specifically include any offense of Driving Under The Influence (DUI) or Driving While Impaired (DWI). A minor traffic offense is defined as an offense where the maximum punishment allowable by law is 60 days or less.
TOWN OF PARKTON
invites applications for the position of
Town Clerk/Finance Officer
REPORTS TO: Town Board
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
This position performs professional duties in planning, organizing and directing the financial activities of the
Town; serves as Town Clerk and performs administrative tasks for the Mayor and other Town Board Members.
Additional duties and responsibilities include those typically performed by Payroll Technician, Human
Resources Officer and Utilities Clerk. Work is performed in accordance with NC General Statutes, Town
ordinances, codes and policies, personnel law and regulations and standard office procedures.
Applicants will be subject to a state background check, drug test and credit check. This position requires a high
school diploma with coursework in bookkeeping or accounting and computer-aided applications plus two to five
years of experience in a financial institution or an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
Minimum of two-year municipal experience is preferred.
- US Citizen. E-Verification required;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Excellent communication skills required including demonstrated fluency with reading, writing and speaking the English language;
- Must possess and maintain a valid North Carolina Driver’s License;
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment drug test;
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check;
- May include but not limited to standing, climbing, walking, lifting, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, sitting, typing, walking, reading, writing, color determination, speaking and listening for extended periods of time.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the
Salary based upon qualifications. Benefit package includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance and NC
Retirement. EOE. Resumes, personal and professional references should be mailed to Town of Parkton, PO
Box 55, Parkton, NC 28371, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or hand delivered to Town Hall, located at,
28 W. David Parnell Street, Parkton, NC. Closing date for applications will be until position filled.
UTILITY CLERK (part-time 20 to 32 hours per week)
The Town of Parkton is currently accepting applications for the position of UTILITY CLERK. This part-time position will be responsible for the billing and collection of payments for water and sewer, as well as various other duties.
- Inputs data in utilities program
- Prepares computerized bills for utilities
- Creates and maintains customer utility records
- Collects payments
- Posts payments in utilities program
- Prepares various daily, monthly and yearly reports
- Prepares work orders for public works staff
- Imports and exports account information for online payment system
- Backup utilities program
- Makes bank deposits when necessary
- Balances cash drawer
- Answers telephones
- Assists the general public
- Assists the Town Clerk in administrative matters
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, customers, general public, and vendors
- Performs various other clerical tasks as required
- US Citizen, E-Verification required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills required
- Successful candidate must submit to a post offer, pre-employment drug test
- Duties require but are not limited to candidate to be able to stand, walk, bend, sit, type, lift, read, write, speak clearly, and listen
- Preferred that successful candidate possess and maintain a valid NC Driver’s license
- Previous office work experience
Note: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions.
Position is open until filled. Salary will be determined upon qualifications and experience.