Notice Regarding Executive Order 142 and 2019 CCR
The Town of Parkton’s mission and goal is to provide service that makes Parkton a better place for everyone. Devoted, driven, and motivated employees allow us to achieve that goal. If you are dedicated and determined to provide excellent customer service and are able to work both individually and in a team environment, the Town of Parkton might be the right employer for you.
You will see a link to our application. Please feel free to complete the application and drop it off at our office located at 28 W. David Parnell Street, Parkton, NC, email it to email@example.com or you can mail it to Town of Parkton, PO Box 55, Parkton, NC 28371.
If you have any questions regarding applying with the Town of Parkton you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call Town Hall at (910) 858-3360.
To obtain an application go to the Town of Parkton website at townofparkton.org, or you may go to Parkton Town Hall, 28 W. David Parnell Street, Parkton, NC. Provide the completed application by mail, fax, email, or hand delivery.
Via Mail: Attn: Human Resources, Town of Parkton, P.O. Box 55, Parkton, NC 28371
Via Fax: (910) 858-9808, Attn: Human Resource
Via Email: email@example.com
Via Hand Delivery: Parkton Town Hall, 28 W. David Parnell Street, Parkton, NC
Grounds Maintenance Worker
Part-Time/Seasonal – Job Ends 09/30/2021
Opening Date: 05/07/02021
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Department: Public Works
An employee in this position will mow Town properties, right of ways, easements, and other grounds facilities, as well as trimming, edging and performing litter clean up, and any additional duties assigned. Work is also subject to the final standards of OSHA on blood borne pathogens. Work is manual labor typically outdoors and is evaluated based on work effort, completion of assigned work, and visual inspection.
Example of Work:
- Mows grass, operates weed-eater, rakes, shovels and performs other grounds maintenance activities
- When needed, assists with weekly brush pick-up for citizens
- Performs general grounds cleanup, including picking up paper, trash and debris on grounds areas, parking lots, memorial park, cemetery and other assigned areas
- Operates a variety of power-driven equipment such as tractor, mowers, edger, blowers, hedge trimmers and other equipment used in grounds work; utilize standard gardening hand tools
- Operate Ford 450 dump truck, bush hog, and tractor
- Operate power equipment and hand tools including power mower, edger, trimmer, blower, hedge trimmer, and other equipment used in grounds maintenance
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Observe health and safety regulations
Must be 18 years of age to apply
Must have valid NC Driver’s License
Employee should have some experience in general yard work and mowing Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment drug test
Work is heavy physical labor which includes mowing, trimming, working around machinery with moving parts, and working outside in extreme heat. Employee is subject to loud noise causing the employee to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level of machinery.