Notice Regarding 2022 CCR
The Town of Parkton’s mission and goal is to provide service that makes Parkton a better place for everyone. Devoted, driven, and motivated employees allow us to achieve that goal. If you are dedicated and determined to provide excellent customer service and are able to work both individually and in a team environment, the Town of Parkton might be the right employer for you.
You will see a link to our application. Please feel free to complete the application and drop it off at our office located at 28 W. David Parnell Street, Parkton, NC, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can mail it to Town of Parkton, PO Box 55, Parkton, NC 28371.
If you have any questions regarding applying with the Town of Parkton you may contact us by email at email@example.com or you may call Town Hall at (910) 858-3360.
To obtain an application go to the Town of Parkton website at townofparkton.org, or you may go to Parkton Town Hall, 28 W. David Parnell Street, Parkton, NC. Provide the completed application by mail, fax, email, or hand delivery.
Via Mail: Attn: Human Resources, Town of Parkton, P.O. Box 55, Parkton, NC 28371
Via Fax: (910) 858-9808, Attn: Human Resource
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via Hand Delivery: Parkton Town Hall, 28 W. David Parnell Street, Parkton, NC
Public Works Supervisor
Opening Date: 02/15/2024
Closing Date: Open until filled
Department: Public Works
Plans, organizes and supervises the operations and personnel of the Public Works Department. Performs related administrative duties and oversees all operational areas including water distribution, sanitary sewer distribution, the maintenance of streets, parks, buildings, grounds, cemetery and storm water systems.
Example of Work:
- Maintain all town owned property in working condition through a continual preventative maintenance schedule.
- Work closely with the Town Clerk to evaluate projects and purchases against town budget.
- Work with outside vendors to obtain quotes in services and products required by the Town of Parkton.
- Water meter reading, installation and cut off as directed by the Utility Clerk
- Yard debris clean-up
- Clean storm drains and town ditch system
- Oversee general grounds cleanup, including picking up paper, trash and debris on grounds areas, parking lots, memorial park, cemetery and other assigned areas
- Ensure seasonal grass cutting and edging are done and that road signs are free of obstruction from tree limbs etc.
- Maintain records of public facilities
- Operate Ford 450 dump truck, bush hog, and tractor
- Operate power equipment and hand tools including power mower, edger, trimmer, blower, hedge trimmer, and other equipment used in grounds maintenance
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Observe health and safety regulations
- US Citizen. E-verification required
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment drug test and criminal background check
- Excellent communication skills required including demonstrated fluency with reading, writing and speaking the English language.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of various project personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of and able to perform small engine repairs.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all Town employees, Town Council and members of the community.
Work is heavy physical labor which includes standing, climbing, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs. working around machinery with moving parts, and working outside in extreme heat.
To obtain an application go to the Town of Parkton website at townofparkton.org, and scroll to the bottom and click Employment Opportunities, or you may go to Parkton Town Hall, 28 W. David Parnell Street, Parkton, NC. Provide the completed application by mail, fax, email, or hand delivery.